Immigrate to Canada from Austin

Do you currently live in Austin, Texas, or elsewhere in the United States and want to move to Canada? Even though Canada and the United States are somewhat similar and very close physically and in their foreign relations, not just anyone can move to Canada on a permanent basis. You must immigrate to Canada as any foreign national would have to, and to do so you must apply for permanent residency.

Among the ways you can obtain permanent residency in Canada are:

Family Class Immigration: Family Class Immigration is also known as spousal sponsorship or family sponsorship. This is when a Canadian citizen or permanent resident sponsors someone for permanent residency. They must sign a sponsoring agreement, as well as be a close relative or spouse of the person they wish to sponsor.

Canadian Experience Class: The Canadian Experience Class is also called the CEC. This immigration stream is for people in Canada on work or study visas, who have language skills and work experience that makes them suitable to permanent residency in Canada. Be advised that the requirements for the work experience component are quite specific.

Business/Investment Immigration: Someone who has successfully operated or controlled a business and has a net worth of at least $1.6 million CAD may be able to invest with the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada and use this as a pathway to permanent residency in Canada. This is a viable option for many people who do not have a working level of English or French.

Permanent resident status in Canada is similar to having a green card in the United States, and as such, it is not easy to obtain. While the above options remain available and could be viable options for you, you should discuss your situation and qualifications with a licensed immigration attorney.

Permanent resident applications for Canada

We are licensed immigration lawyers who have been helping people from across the United States, including the city of Austin, immigrate to Canada for over 15 years. If you want permanent residency status in Canada, there are many different ways to obtain it and we can help you with all of them. Contact us at the number on the top of this page today to speak to a licensed immigration lawyer who can help you immigrate to Canada from Austin. You are closer than you think!

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.



Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.